PEDIATRIC OPTOMETRY IS VITAL FOR YOUR CHILD'S HEALTH



Patients often ask me "When should my child have their first pediatric eye examination?" The answer surprises many when I tell them that the  American Optometric Association  recommends the first eye examination between 6 and 12 months of age. Any child considered "at risk" should be evaluated before 6 months. At risk is any child who:
If you've never seen a true pediatric eye examination, you are in for a treat. It is the most fun I have during my day. I get to break out all of the toys and use all the knowledge gained throughout the years of practicing. We assess more than you can imagine. Ocular health, refractive error, eye turns, and since we are a developmental optometric practice we also assess any developmental delays. I can't stress how important it is to have your child in for their exam, of course this is what I do for a living. Call today and make an appointment 909.861.3737

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8 WAYS TO PROTECT YOUR EYES AT THE OFFICE

ANTI-BACTERIAL ANTI-REFLECTIVE COATING BY VSP

VSP EXTENDS PRIMARY EYECARE BENEFIT TO VSP MEMBERS